‘Transcending’ is an exploration of the ways that we rise, overcome, climb across and pass beyond.
It celebrates the extraordinary power of the ordinary self in creativity, writing, in love, in the workplace and in our family contexts, such as our family history and what it means. It is about resilience, grief, love, loss, longing and the resonating shapes and forms we make to deal with this and move on and through. It’s about constructive approaches at work – strategies that cut through, synthesise and provide solutions. And it’s about images, structures, texts and ways of thinking that makes this possible.
This theme resonates and connects for me in all spheres of life and I hope connects and resonates with you also.
Join me in this journey as it unfolds. Some of the areas I hope to explore are:
- writing as a way of transcending and moving through
- my own creative journey as a writer
- poetry and the shapes and structures we find to manage our emotions
- music and images as vehicles for experiencing and managing feelings
- family history and its stories of how we connect and experience life
- constructive leadership behaviours and strategies
- reading and reflections on transcending
- connections with other writers and thinkers on this theme in all its guises